To celebrate Winnie the Pooh Day today, I’m making honey-sweetened popovers from this sweet Winnie the Pooh Cookbook. If you’re like me, Winnie the Pooh conjures up fond memories from childhood, so any excuse to celebrate is a-ok with me!
I’ve made popovers before, but they were savory. They made a great accompaniment to a roast, soaking up all the jus. This is a very basic, very simple recipe using common ingredients from the pantry. But they’re oh-so-good! I sliced one open while it was still warm from the oven and filled it with butter and fig preserves this time.
One thing I love about this simple recipe is that you don’t need any special equipment to make it happen. Of course you could invest in a nice popover pan if you’re a regular baker, but this one simply called for a muffin tin and that worked just fine! It makes 8-12 popovers so I was excited to use my new 12-cup muffin tin that I received for Christmas!
I’d really like to bless someone with a copy of this adorable cookbook! Sooooo, I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram!
1) Follow me on Instagram.
2) Like my Instagram post featuring this cookbook on Instagram.
3) Tag a friend in the comments section of the Instagram post.
For extra entries:
1) Share the post featuring this cookbook in your Instagram stories.
2) Comment on the blog post.
3) Comment on the Facebook post.
1) This contest is open to anyone above the age of 13.
2) This contest is open to anyone who can successfully receive Amazon orders at their address.
3) This contest will run from today 1/18/19 until Monday, 1/21/19 NOON. At 4pm on 1/21/19, I will be drawing the name of the winner and announcing via PM that evening.
4) This contest is in NO WAY sponsored by ANYONE. I do not get free stuff or commission from any of this unless you purchase something directly from my affiliate links. This is JUST out of the goodness of my heart and my desire to share my love for creating.
What is your favorite literary memory from childhood?